Saturday, February 4, 2012

Gingerbread Girl


Run Run as fast as you can, you can probably catch me, I'm the gingerbread girl. (Soft in the middle :o)

Picture this. A lovely orange sunset behind the snow topped mountains. Wispy clouds, crisp air, and in the background you can hear the neighborhood dog barking. I went jogging for the first time yesterday. Its probably been four or five months since my last running venture. Oh. My. Word. I'm out of shape. Well I guess that's not true, everyone is in SOME shape, just not the shape I would like. I kept it flat and simple. A mile out and a mile back. You'd think it would have been pretty easy, but you'd be wrong. I was breathing heavy by the end of our block, forget the other two miles, but I made it. And it will only get easier from here. I say that, but I went again this afternoon and it was just as hard as yesterday. What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. What's next? Join a gym, get back to Zumba or perhaps some yoga. How I've missed you exercise. I'm excited you've come back.

2 comments:

  1. Too much in one day--you have to work up to it gradually because you've not done it for so long. Perhaps you should have just done a half mile and worked up to a mile until you are in shape to do that. Don't forget to stretch!!

    ReplyDelete