Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Arrival

She's here! We're excited to welcome the newest member of our family into the world. Little Ruthie started to come on her due date, the afternoon of Jan. 12th, but didn't really mean business till about 2:00am the next morning. She arrived 7 hours later at Utah Valley Hospital. All went fairly smoothly for mother and daughter and we are both recovering nicely. She was even in time for Dad to go teach 3 out of his 4 Friday classes, including one he had promised to substitute for someone else. (A thanks to Tina and Joy for watching the boys for us while we were gone.)

Dr. Savage and delivery nurse Shea

Ruth Anne Hutchins- you can call her Ruth Anne or just Ruthie. Lucky Friday the 13th



She's a keeper


 I can't really tell who she looks like yet except maybe her brothers when they were born. She does like to stick her tongue in and out a lot though. We think she's pretty cute. 


A visit from the boys. David and Gabe were very interested in holding her and helping get me baby items and still are. Mac was more interested in the hospital juice. Stay tuned. I'm sure there will be more pictures to come. 

12 comments:

  1. Yay for Ruthie!! She IS a keeper--and I also think she looks like the boys. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of those pictures looks just like Mac. SO CUTE! She's beautiful. Please keep the pictures coming. :) I'm so happy for you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable! Definitely looks like a Hutchins. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second to last picture is beautiful! What a beautiful girl...just like her Mama...welcome! We love you already

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is really such a Cutie!!! I would definitely keep her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Congratulations to all of you. It's a wonder Zach could teach his classes because of the excitement of the birth of Ruth. But, you gotta do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! She is so precious. Welcome to the girls' club! Love, Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOOhhhhhhh!!!!!
    COngratulations....
    She's a BEAUTY!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alana, I'm not sure if you remember me from the good old BYU days or not. but i have totally been blog stalking you for a long time. Who knew? But I had to finally comment and tell you how happy I am for your family and how much i enjoy your blog. I hope you are recovering well, and that you are all enjoying that beautiful little girl! So happy for you!! P.S. I love that you want to have 8 kids!! Me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally remember you Cheyenne. I think I was your visiting teacher briefly in that ward. I don't have your contact info though so I can't get back to you any other way besides a comment on this blog. Thanks for saying hi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these pictures and especially the one with everyone around the hospital bed with Ruth Ann. I look forward to meeting everyone someday! --K. Madison

    ReplyDelete