Monday, January 23, 2012

The Biggest Loser

(Not a picture of me, just a random internet photo)
        Twenty pounds of baby weight says that its time for a Biggest Loser competition. I'm putting out a challenge to anyone who wants to participate to see who can lose the most weight in the next 8 weeks. (I'm well aware that weight is not the best indicator of fat loss but its the easiest way to keep track of multiple people, so sorry if you are losing fat and gaining muscle.) For the winner, if you are in Utah I'll take you out to lunch or shopping, whatever you prefer- on me. If you are outside of the immediate area, say east coast, then I'll send you a 25$ gift certificate to the place of your choosing- restaurant or store. If I win, I'm taking myself shopping. 25$ dollars is cheaper than buying a whole new wardrobe that fits. 


Since I'm the one making up the Rules here they are:


-All official start weights begin in two days, that will give people time to read this post and decide if they want to participate or not: Wednesday Jan 25th. That is your "zero" weight.  You do not have to tell me your current weight, unless you think that will add to the motivation. Just write it down or remember it. 
-Each Wednesday thereafter you will weigh yourself (preferably the same time of day) and post a comment to my blog, or email me if you would like to be more discrete, the amount of total weight you have lost since the first weigh in. (-1lb, -5lb etc.)
-I will personally be putting a handicap on myself of 5 pounds because I'm nursing and its a lot easier for me to lose weight than the average person. So I will start out at +5 and go down from there. 
-Everything is on the honor system

 Who's in? Come on, it will be fun.  If anyone wants some weight loss advice I'm happy to help. I've got lots of it.  The only thing you have to lose is your spare tire.  Good luck and Good-bye fat. 

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got three takers so far- anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll join, but something tells me you're going to win this quite handily :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll join in, but I had to laugh at your -11 lbs for a week, is that even doable? I have been losing a steady 2-3lbs a week since nov 1st, so I don't see a -11 in my future, but hey, I am working on it anyway, so why not try:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't write 11 lb, I wrote 1 lb. And no, 11 lb in a week is not doable. I won't be keeping track of every week weight loss, just overall weight loss. So you could lose 11 lb over the course of the 8 weeks. 2-3 lb/week is actually quite a lot, usually its more like 1-2 lb/week for people who are serious about losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh now I see, that makes me feel better. Well I had to average my lose out because a trainer gave me a mettabolism boost meal plan and I lost 7 lbs that week, and I eat that every 6 weeks (it is a 3 and a 4 day plan that I rotate.) She is just a friend, not a trainer I hired, I am too cheap for that:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll join in. I might not be the biggest loser--but what have I got to lose? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a scale...so I can't officially enter, but I'm going to keep track of my waistline in centimeters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. alana, is it too late to join? jan told em about it (i hadn't erad our blog yet) and i weighed in the morning!...
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds fun... Can I join? I weighed myself yesterday.
    Sonnet

    ReplyDelete