Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bodies and Babies

       Last night at Family Home Evening Zach gave a lesson on bodies and babies in preparation for the new addition to our family. He spoke about why it was important to come to earth to obtain a body and how we should treat the new baby when she comes. At one point during the lesson Zach asked the boys, "Who doesn't have a body?" to which Gabe replied enthusiastically, "Satan!" And then the follow up question, "And why not?" David's response made me giggle over on the couch.


 "Because it got sucked up by the machine in China!"


What!?! Where did that come from? Do you even know what China is? Perhaps we should be cutting TV time down from one show to zero. I don't even remember how Zach responded, but needless to say, our three year old needed a little course correction. I love being a mom, its so amusing sometimes. 


David also says to me last night, "Mom, you're my favorite person in the family. Do you know why?"  
"No sweetie, why?"
"Because you're having a baby"

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Reminds me of my "school teacher" days....so funny...always wondering where that answer came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that answer from David. Sounds like something his Uncle David would have said. He heard it somewhere, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! That is classic! What a topic for FHE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love children. :) That was classic.

    ReplyDelete