Sunday, May 1, 2011

Women's Conference


This past weekend I got the opportunity to attend Women's Conference with some good college friends of mine who also happened to be the bride's maids at my wedding. Aren't they lovely? The one on the far right, Janice, is pregnant with her first little baby. It was a wonderful three days. Zach and the boys bunked at Ben and Joy's for the duration. Thanks to Ben and Joy, my sweet husband all the other thousands of husbands who helped make it possible. The theme of the conference was "By small and Simple things."




(Don't let the flowers fool you, it snowed the next day)




There was quite a bit of this happening in the sessions. Either projects people had brought from home or ones they picked up there as a service to be donated when completed. 

Some Quotable Quotes I heard and loved (Sorry I didn't get the source for most of them)

"No scriptures, no answers; Know scriptures, know answers"
(a bumper sticker as quoted by Sis. Kearon)

"You have scriptures, and you have knees" 
-Sis. Julie Beck

Instead of "Heavenly Father please hear me" say more often, "Heavenly Father help me to hear you."

"Great faith has a short shelf life"
- Pres. Eyring

A man or a woman is a small thing, but through them God works great miracles
-Michael Wilcox

"The history of Relief Society is passed by words and numbers, but the heritage is passed heart to heart."
-Susan Tanner (she may have been quoting someone else)

"Welcome the task that takes you beyond yourself"

"A singing mother makes a happy home"

"I saw no purposeless pain but purposeful sanctification."

"Add to your prayers of thanksgiving, acts of thanks-living."

"In spiritual matters DO sweat the small stuff, and its all small stuff."


There were many more thoughts and notations I wrote down. It was a rich spiritual experience and a fun time- out from life. If you are ever able to go, I highly recommend the experience. 








3 comments:

  1. My dream girls weekend is to go with all my sisters and sisters in law and my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUCKY!!!
    And hooray for you!
    (And may I wish you an east-coast happy birthday in about 30 minutes!)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Sarah has her cold face on. Haha. So much fun. Thanks Alana!

    ReplyDelete