Friday, May 6, 2011

Winning Photo


I just finished another 5 week photography community class at UVU and I really enjoyed it. Every week we had assignments and the class voted on which ones they liked. The two top people each week won a free11x16 print of their choice. I happed to be one of the winners last week with this photo. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I like it, but sometimes ugly is beautiful. Some of the other pictures I turned in I thought were a lot better. Perhaps photography students just get bored seeing mountains, people, and flowers so they enjoy it when there is something visually interesting- such as this banana peel David left on our neighbor's swing. It was nice to win, but this is definitely NOT the shot I'm having printed to hang on my wall- perhaps something more like mountains or people.

3 comments:

  1. Photography judges are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually LOVE this photo!!
    It speaks to me... maybe because THIS is how I feel at the end of most days.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! Does not speak to me but it is a great photo! Im definitely into people pictures! And a few flowers.

    ReplyDelete