Saturday, May 7, 2011

Look who's Five

This is a big year for Gabe and me. He will be starting kindergarten in the fall and I'll be a "school mom" for the next 20+ years. Here are some snap shots of our little Cinco de Mayo child on his fifth birthday- turning 5 on 5/5 (5/5/06)

Some things I love about Gabe:
He has the most sencire prayers I've ever heard. The Spirit must whisper to him what to say because he prays for things like peace in our home and gratitude for our blessings.
His excitement for life. Always full of energy, always excited about new things, always having fun. 
His total 100% focus when we read him books or he listens in primary. He just loves a good story.
How he likes to pick me flowers and tells me I'm beautiful when I head out to go to the temple. 
The way he plays with David and is a big help with Mac


 His old bike made him look like a clown riding a tiny bicycle because it was so small for him.

Gabe's request this year was a dragon cake. I was pretty proud if this one.



We had a treasure hunt 'Dora Explorer style' with where the kids had to follow a map

Best friend and cousin Haley



Tradition! Tradition, ahhh ah, tradition! The birthday bite

The piñata, or as Mac liked to call it- "Truck". A magical truck full of candy. Mac was SO excited to help me fill it but disappointed when we had to leave the candy inside. 


David ended up breaking the piñata open.
 This was no accident since Dad was the one running the piñata show.


Cooling off on one of the first hot days we've had with the party favor water guns


I just had to throw this kid in because he looked so funny. He's a neighbor friend of Gabe's. 

Happy birthday Gabe!

7 comments:

  1. Happy 5th Birthday, Gabe. And the cake is AWESOME!! Great job, and I'll bet Gabe loved it. Looks like he had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Haley squirting Gabe is great--I can see the stream of water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can NOT believe he is FIVE! Wow! I remember when y'all had him. Awesome cake, by the way...not that I would expect anything less from you, wonder woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY HAPPY Birthday Gabe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, school next year! Your life is about to change ;-) Really great cake.

    ReplyDelete