Friday, February 11, 2011

Compromise food



Compromise food. If you are a mom you know what I'm talking about. For all you non-mom's, or out of practice moms, let me explain. Its sort of like the Jiff Peanut butter commercial says- Mom's want nutrition, kids want taste. There's got to be a compromise somewhere. Sometimes the compromise comes in the form of two foods- You eat your carrots and I'll give you ranch dip, you eat this apple and I'll let you have cheese, finish your supper and I'll supply a piece of candy. On other occasions the two are one in the same- hence the compromise food. A little nutrition and a little taste. Thats what these are. We call them Pancake Poofs. I make whole wheat pancake batter, cook it in the special caste iron skillet, and then proceed to cover these miniature morsels in melted butter and roll them in cinnamon and sugar. Not quite whole wheat pancakes, not quite scones, but we all feel good about it. Whats your favorite "compromise food"?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't used my pancake puffinator in a long time! My kids love those. Don't have to compromise on those, even if they're wheat, but stir fry and bean recipes get a little trickier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more like I compromise on the menu for the week. You eat my yucky looking casseroles or whatever, and you can have chicken nuggets or mac and cheese one night this week. :)

    ReplyDelete