Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Busted!



I bust my kids all the time for doing naughty things like pushing or snatching or not sharing. In turn they tattle on each other in order that justice might be more fully served. This time, however, it was ME that got busted. Its not the first time either. You see these lovely pictures that my 2 and 4 year old have created? Well after a while they tend to accumulate and honestly, one looks about as much like art as the next. On occasion I feel the need to cleanse our house of such works of creativity so that they don't take over. I try to do it when the kids aren't looking and in a trash can that they can't see. WELL this time it didn't work. David pushed the kitchen trash can lid open and low and behold- one of his many paintings had "accidentally" slipped into the waste bin. Opps! "Mommy, this is my painting. Don't throw it away!" "Oh sorry baby, you can get it out" He'll even get Gabe's out, "Gabey likes this one. Its not trash." Darnet, foiled again. Maybe next time I'll just take them directly outside where he'll never find them because he's not tall enough to look into that trash can... mu hu ha ha ha. I know, I'm such a mean mother. I'll keep a representative sample, but so far, no budding Rembrandts reside here in the Orem Hutchin's household.

3 comments:

  1. I've been busted many times! I do keep a sampling, and continue to thin as the years go on, but it's just one of those jobs no one else will do but we have to. That's the good thing of digital cameras. Now my kids take pictures of their creations, in the form of legos, etc. and don't feel bad about not saving everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANG! I hate getting busted like that.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I throw away at night after they are in bed and always cover it with something else in the garbasge can, but the days I forget I have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete