Monday, January 3, 2011

Brrrrrrrr Chilly


Its officially winter. No white Christmas but we got some powdery white stuff like the rest of the country shortly thereafter. Last week the highs were in the teens. Not too cold for a little romp outside however to test out the boys new Christmas sled. (I was lamenting the electric boots Zach chose not to get me this year. You plug them in for 4 hours of battery-charged toasty toes. Neat hu? Only problem is they cost 300$ )

If you are from anywhere that gets a lot of snow you will recognize that there are all different types of frozen water. You have your traditional powder that is beautiful to watch swirl around, but not good for much else. You have your almost-melting snow that is very wet and good for snow balls, snow men, and shoveling hernias. And you have your crusty ice snow that is good for slipping and sliding down hills. Its almost impossible to shovel if you've left it to the last minute. We have the last of the three different types of snow right now because it has never gotten above freezing this past week. I made many a run down the slope on just my bum. Good to see it come, but I suspect it will also be good to see it go.









quadruple decker, I think David is squashed in there some where


(My fingers were in the process of getting frost bite as I took these pictures)






4 comments:

  1. "...good for shoveling hernias?"

    You make me laugh.
    Thanks for risking frostbite--the pictures are worth it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes that chilly air is too much for me to endure outside but the boys sure love to go. Wish we had a hill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...I was JUST going to say the same thing Jen did. Shoveling hernias? I'm LAUGHING. (but oh so true) And that MACK! He's the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! And, how do you shovel a hernia? That's a good one!

    ReplyDelete