Saturday, October 9, 2010

Visit from El Jefe y Esposa



(First of all I would like to say that it is some sort of 8th wonder of the world to get 6 people smiling at the same time in a photo, especially if three of those people are my two kids and Dad. Who was that excellent photographer?)


Mom and Dad were here last weekend for a mission reunion and they graced us with their presence on Monday night for dinner and Family Home Evening. Aunt Tina came along for the ride.


Dad showered us with house warming gifts newly purchased from Kmart. Mom says to us, "There are times when you just have to look sharp Zach." Apparently our kitchen table wasn't cutting it as the ironing board.



I spent all morning canning peaches for the first time and I had about 8 quarts to show for DANG, canning is a lot of work, especially if you have small children who are less help than one might wish. Mom came over that night and whizzed through the remaining 11 quarts in about half the time. Thanks mom! I bet they would have just gone to rot if she hadn't done them for me.That night our kids caught a stomach virus and I got what turned out to be strep throat. It was a rough 48 hours.




These were the juicy raw materials for our kitchen project, supplied by Ben and Joy. Their parents are moving into a house that has a mature peach tree in the back yard.

Thanks for the visit mom and dad, wish it could have been longer!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I love house warming gifts from Dad and his store visits. Looking really long at those peaches!

    ReplyDelete