Friday, October 22, 2010

Ten Apples Up on Top


(the salsa was being very rude and trying to get some of the glory)

Still canning season here in Utah and when in Utah do as the Utahans- make applesauce. So far I've made two gallons but there is another box of apples begging for me to do something with it like apple slices or maybe a couple of pies.




Our neighbor next door, who is also a renter, has a number of mature fruit trees and I noticed that her apples were just falling everywhere. It didn't seem like anyone was using them. What a waste! I went over and asked if we could have some and she said "pick all you want, I'm too old to do it and no one in the ward has come this year to get them yet."




I had three little helpers come with me but after picking one or two the older ones lost interest and wandered over to where the toys were.


This little man couldn't grab apples fast enough with his chubby little fists to shove into his equally chubby cheeks.



Here he's going for the two handed approach, that one in his left hand looks a little ify. He wasn't real picky.



Now to get down to business! (with all of my four teeth)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, he is so cute--love those fat little cheeks. He's the cutest helper ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! Those look like beautiful apples. Love those pictures.

    ReplyDelete