Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wishing Lamp

Remember, remember
The eighth of September;
On that day once a year
A wish can be tendered
The giver will never
Refuse you, not ever,
Unless what you ask for
Is outside his treasure,
So plan and prepare for
Your wish with great care,
or You'll rue that you wasted
My boon, and your prayer, more.
Last year Zach gave me a magic lamp when he came back from Jerusalem. This is the second time I've had a chance to use it. It was inspired by a similar lamp that his dad gave his mom a long time ago for the same purpose. The 8th of September is their anniversary. (Happy 49th mom and dad!) This year I wished that Zach would exercise at LEAST 1 1/2 hours a week. Orignially I thought 3 times a week but this is a pretty busy year, being his first year teaching, so I thought I'd try to make it flexible. Exercise is the first thing to get pushed out with his busy schedule, so I thought I'd help him bump it up the priority list. After all, I don't want to be a widow at 50. Maybe you guys can raz him about it. Thanks Magic Genie!

6 comments:

  1. So did you get married on the 8th also, the same day as your in-laws?

    That is a cool idea, btw!

    I have gotten my hubby to work out more lately too when he started to realize that his pants have become a little snug and he doesn't want to buy anything new. Haha, whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and Zach to have that tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to spend your wish!
    I might have opted for a spa day.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a GREAT wish! :) Go Zach! Love the tradition too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way. Don't want to be a widow. Good thinking although from you, it's so you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah . . . once you get those endorphins going, you'll never want to stop.

    Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete