Friday, September 17, 2010

Sitting Side Saddle


Align Center
This is how I feel at most meal times and other sitting occasions. Ready to spring for any need that may and will arise. Feet to the side just in case. No need to get too comfortable because I'll just be getting up again. It feels like a 2 minute stretch in my seat at dinner is a luxury. "Gabe needs a fork, David needs a rag, Mac needs a drink, We forgot the cheese, how about some bread, what about dip..." I feel like I'm doing squats every time meals roll around. Its not much better when I'm on the computer either. "Don't do that to Gabe, Don't take that from David, Mac what's in your mouth?" If you'll notice most of my posts are pretty concise for this specific reason. Before I started typing this post I even cought myself "sitting side saddle" again. I wonder if you can cause permanent damage to your back having it twisted like that all the time. I'm not complaining, it makes me feel needed, but sometimes its a little ridiculous. Its lots better than the quiet alternative. I'm just wondering though, are there any other mom's out there with the SSS syndrome?

4 comments:

  1. Oh... so THAT's what it's called!
    Yep--I have a very flexible middle.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting about beans on your sidewall...it reminded me to put my beans on to boil so that we can have chili tonight. :) No worries on the SSS...it gets better as they get older. Enjoy it though...I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that! Funny to put a name to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one that did this! It's no wonder going out for dinner (minus kids) is so nice for moms: no cooking, no cleaning, I only touch my food, and my bums stays firmly planted in my chair.

    ReplyDelete