Friday, July 30, 2010

This is the place

After Zach's 40 hour trip across the country and our two leg flight our family is back together again in the beautiful Utah Mountains. Our journey isn't quite finished since Zach has to fly back and drive all our stuff out here in a few weeks, but for now we are enjoying the adjustment of not being official east coasters any more.



Behold the Utah Sky. We had sky in Raleigh but not like this. Much of it was crowded by the trees which is NOT a problem here.



This is our little raspberry after taking him hiking and swimming in one day. I know, I know, more sunscreen. I felt terrible, won't happen again.


Becky and I at the Mount Timpanogas temple. It took us about 10 minutes to get there which is typical driving distance for Utahans. It was good to visit the House of the Lord with her.


Just call me Sacajawea. I tied my baby on with a pice of cloth provided by my hostess with the mostest, Joy and hiked up to the Pleasant Grove "G" . Instead of taking the switch back trail Zach headed straight up the steep one which proved to be somewhat of a challenge. No fear, we made it up safely and down again with Mac sleeping for 90% of the time on my back.



This is Gabe and David's 3 year old cousin Haley. They get along smashingly. There is so much to do here at the Lindon Hutchin's home, they are in Little boy heaven.

Just feeling grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Just a little jealous over the temple! And, little boy heaven. It would be fun to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Cheeks withdrawl...
    I'm glad you're adjusting well!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scenery! Oh, those red cheeks. Hope they aren't too sore. Kiss them for me. I thought you were having your things moved out to Utah so Zach wouldn't have to drive back. I can't imagine taking another 2000 plus mile trip. Is anyone going with him? He's a glutton for punishment for sure. Love to all the Lindon Hutchins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you, Alana! Hope you guys are having fun and enjoying the gorgeous scenery and non-humid weather.

    ReplyDelete