Sunday, August 1, 2010

So it Begins



Both Gabe and David have "blankies" that they lovingly drag around the house and own with that little boy ownership of comfort. Something they can confidently assert saying it is "mine". Mac has no such "blankie" yet. I was feeling ambitious and thought I would try to crochet him something small to call his own. (That is, when he learns to talk) Aunt Shirley patiently showed me how to make this pattern since I am a novice worker of yarn. Notice the bottom where it is all nice and tight- that is the row she did. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have a finished product to display. Its making me feel very grandmother-ly, in a good way.

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Alana!! I'm proud of you. You'll do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said something SMALL... you can stop at ANY time and have fulfilled your definition of a blankie for Mac!
    :)
    Go YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I'm so glad you asked her to help. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete