Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fifel Goes West


We had our first casualty of war, Us vs. Stuff. The stuff won in this case. Have no fear, we shall conqure at last. David Hyrum dropped a #10 can of wheat on his bare toe as he was helping us move the food storage down to the garage. Ouch! He may loose that toenail. He barely even blinked. Tough kid. The neglegent parents then had him put on shoes but he lost most of his interest in carrying at that point.

Gabe is excited to move out West, just like Fifel Mouskin in the movie we saw this past week. We explained that we are moving west but it won't be exactly like it is in the movie. Think a lot like Raleigh except with more Mountains, straighter roads, and less trees. I think it is slowly seeping in.

Thought for the day from our Relief Society discussion about joy, "If you're not happy where you are, you're not going to be happy where you're going." Thank you Laura and to your father who shared that wisdom with you. That is why I'm looking forward to Utah, because I've loved Raleigh so much.













3 comments:

  1. Fifel? is a favorite movie out here. Sorry about that toe! You'll be happy living anywhere, and wherever that is, they'll be blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason says to David:
    "Always sit on that toe. That's how I got mine to fall off. Then tell your dad you're going to put the toenail in his cereal when it comes off. But really, you can have your dad drill a hole in it and make a necklace. That's what I did."

    Jenny says "Poor David! He needs candy! STAT! And I'm going to write that quote about joy on my walls. LOVE it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAVID! Poor boy...always him. I'm kinda sad that you're moving west, was hoping for north. BUT, I promise to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete