Sunday, July 11, 2010

Busy Bending the Tenth Commandment





If you are running through the list of commandments in your head wondering which one I'm "bending" , it's the one about not coveting, specifically not coveting your neighbor's house. This is a house in Raleigh that I've always admired and I wanted to take a picture of it before we left. This is just in case we ever get to build a house in that magical mythical future of surplus money. The majority of the living space plus 4 bedrooms are all on the main level. There is a garden to the left and a cute car port to the right and an unfinished second floor for your own imagination. The pice of property really adds to its allure since it is set off the road just shaded enough to be private but out enough to see. The lady who lives there was very nice and let me see the inside, which was beautiful. The celings were 9 feet, per their request, which I thought was great. Tall enough to not feel squashed but not so tall you are losing money on heating and cooling. Doesn't it just have a homely southern feel with the covered front porch and the oval window at the top? Don't be surprised if one of these southern houses pops up in Utah some day. Ahhh.... How lovely.

5 comments:

  1. It IS lovely...I especially love the color! :) Dreams DO come true you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's very nice.
    you'll have your own someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who held onto a picture/house plan like that for over 10 years... she has it now!! I like looking for that "magical mythical future" so I'll forgive your "bending" on this one:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making plans and doing research is not the same as coveting. Some day you really do need to know what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. This is my dream house. I know! Why don't you build it and then I'll buy it from you. Good plan?!

    ReplyDelete