Monday, July 23, 2012

Mother son dates

Zach and I thought it would be good for the boys to work toward something they wanted so that learning time wasn't just drudgery. We promised the boys a special date with either mom or dad if they completed some goals last month. Mac had to fill up his potty chart, David had to learn 100 sight words, and Gabe had to read an illustrated copy of the Book of Mormon (263 pages) to earn their special dates. They all finished relatively close to one another and have all gone on their special outings. Mac chose pizza and Chuck E' Cheese. David  and Gabe wanted a JDawg but David chose to go to Jump on it and Gabe went to see the movie Brave. Gabe went with Zach who is not as much of a picture taker as I am so I don't have any photos of their special day, but here are my memories of hanging out with the middle two, one- on- one. I figure if we are going to have eight kids we need to plan for some special time with each child so they don't get lost in the mix. 











Jumping with David was more fun than I expected. He was the one to ask ME to leave, not the other way around. I spent a lot of time on the trampoline as a kid. The next dates will not have to be earned but also be a lot cheaper- a snow cone by the river. 
Good Job boys! 


No comments:

Post a Comment