Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last Day of school

      I think I was a little bit more sad to see kindergarten end than I was to see it begin. Gabe said he was happy for summer but sad to not see his teacher any more. Kindergarten in Utah is only a half day so it feels like an extension of preschool. Next year Gabe will really be a school aged child, going all day long. Toting his lunch box for the first time. I wanted to compare the first and last day photos to see how much he's changed. He looks older.  : o /  Although I'm very pleased with the boy he's becoming, I'm sad to see his little kid stage come to an end. Just this year he has learned to read proficiently, write, swim, cross the street by himself, zip up his coat, tie his shoes and probably a hundred other things. He's a good brother and friend but I'm definitely having mixed mother feelings about him growing up so quickly. 
 



5 comments:

  1. Hooray for SUMMER!!!
    Those mother sentiments just continue... so many milestones and they come SO quickly!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3 sons, and I know that he will always need you, Mom. And you him. He is such a beautiful child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (He looks more excited to start than end!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is so cute. what darling pictures! and i feel the same way as delainey approaches her 4th birthday...time needs to slow.down.now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such a difference, and he is so cute. Hope he has a great summer, and you too.

    ReplyDelete