Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crafty Christmas part II

Christmas tree pine cones I helped the boys make for Zach

A cute ornament Gabe made at school from his hand print



I love you GABE


A preschool ornament from my sweet David

Zach's initials- Zachary McLeod Hutchins

You know how some projects look easier than they are? Well this was one of those. Between the buying, painting, cutting, rolling, and gluing this craft took a lot longer than I expected, but at least they turned out ok. The letters will go in his office at school as book ends or something to put over his door. The "H" is made entirely from the play Hamlet but that particular play was too short so I had to use another one to finish the other two letters.



The first of many stockings to come. (BYU colors) I'm in the process of making them for our entire family plus any who might enter our family in the coming years. Mac used this one at Christmas this year since I dismantled his old stocking to use as a pattern

Bow ties part 2- Zach picked out the three fabrics in front with his nephew Tanner and I already had the two red ones from a different project. One of Zach's students told him that bow ties were coming back into style. Who knew?  A different female student asked me to teach her how to make them too. My pleasure. 

4 comments:

  1. I've gotten that same snowman ornament for two years now... I love it! I also love that puzzle one of David...very cute. I love your initials for Zach. Very nice and clever. You're very talented if you cute that out of wood by yourself. The stockings in a row will be very cute. I was in a conundrum with what to do for Breyer this year, but we turned over the pet stocking and had one for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those letters are really cool. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talent is ongoing, Alana. Absolutely wonderful creations by everyone--Love the ornaments made by the children. Great job by everyone.

    ReplyDelete