Sunday, June 19, 2011

When I think of my dad

When I think of my father I think of....

Walking on the beach together
Taking hikes in the woods
Homemade yogurt and grape nuts
Going out to eat
Taking trips to Grandma's house
Analyzing people
Patiently teaching
Working hard in the yard
Fixing things around the house
Button up shirts
A closet full of coats
Labels and organizing
Ski trips in the winter
Concern for my physical well being and the well being of the rest of his family. Am I warm? Am I sick?
Eating quickly
A quiet manner
Hugging the grand kids



I love my dad and he loves me. How do I know? I just know.

I'm blessed enough to have not just one but four great father figures in my life- my dad, a wonderful father-in-law, the father of my children, and a loving Father in Heaven. I'm a lucky girl.


P.S. I'm feeling a little guilty about not posting anything on mother's day, but I sort of selfishly think that I get the day off that day. Sorry moms. 

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful tribute to your Dad, and love the picture of him and Kenny. Just want to bite and kiss those cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete