Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Goodness

On the last week of classes I took cinnamon rolls to Zach's English class at BYU. Its a good dessert to share since it makes so much.  All the students were very appreciative and apparently some have asked me to post the recipe. (I hope you don't mind Jen, its your recipe.)

1c warm water
2 T yeast
1 c milk
2 eggs
1/2 c oil
2 t salt
1/2 c sugar

After dough has risen for about an hour roll out thin, spread with half a cup melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. (Probably about a cup brown sugar but I just use my hand to cover the dough evenly. ) Roll up and cut into 1 inch circles. Let rise a second time and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until just golden.

Icing I used that day (sometimes I do butter cream or cream cheese frosting instead but this one is easy):
3 c powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
pinch of salt (to cut the sweetness)
a few table spoons of cream. Just enough to get the consistency you want. Its WAY better than using just milk.

If you've never made a yeast bread before and you need more specific instructions then call or email me and I'd be happy to walk you through it or come over and show you. Its a hands on learning experience the first few times. These are delicious, but make sure you have someone to share them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment