Friday, August 29, 2008

Three's company



This week while my sister Amber and her husband Robbie took a much needed short trip to Bush Garden's we kept their almost 2 year old, Owen for 3 days. It was quite an adventure. Since Gabe is only about 5 months older they had a blast together. When Gabe was awake and Owen was not he would want to go in and get him up to play with. For me however it was an exercise in patience and endurance. I knew there was a reason the Lord has not blessed me with twins yet. Owen has a very happy disposition but is a willful little bug and comes with more energy than the energizer bunny. Mostly though I think I just wasn't used to having 3 little boys all at once for any great length of time. My mom helped out, and Zach helped after work but it sort of opened my eyes up to what I can expect after our third little blessing comes (and no, that is not an announcement. There is no bun in this oven yet.) Toothpaste tubes squished out, shared colds/runny noses, lots of squealing, three sets of diapers and clothes to change,and mud puddles that met their match with Gabe and Owen together. It was fun to have him here but I have a new respect for women with twins. Oh the blessings of motherhood/aunthood.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...but you'd be amazed at how well you'd adapt to the world of twins. Cute boys though...LOVE to see your pictures. I really miss Gabe and his sweet nature.

    "DON'T MAKE ME EAT THAT!!!"

    ReplyDelete