Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Piano Students

I teach 6 beginning students piano on a weekly basis. I really enjoy all of my students in different ways. As anyone with children knows, each child is different and fun to be with because of their unique personality. I have one student in particular that makes me laugh. She just turned 8 but likes to look her best and so is some what resistant to trimming her nails. She often conveniently forgets or lets me know that she trimmed them, but they just grew back. She does it in such a cute way though its hard to be upset at her. The other day I gave her mom a pair of low healed shoes that didn't fit me and her mom exclaimed that they would be cute with jeans. The 8 year old daughter said "What, you told me I couldn't wear high heals with jeans!" where her mom said that was different she was 8. It made me laugh. They both looked at me like I was the deciding factor in the argument and I said that it wasn't up to me, but I tended to side with her mom. I look forward to when my children are school aged.

No comments:

Post a Comment