Monday, October 22, 2012

Daily Request

My second son, Sweet-David, loves summer. Mostly I believe, because he likes to play in water. Now that the weather is cooling down a bit he is disappointed we can't go to the pool any more or play with the hose. For weeks I've been getting an almost daily request to play in the sprinkler or with the slip and slide. My answer is always the same, "It's too cold David. I know it feels warm, but if you get wet you will be cold." 
    On Thursday he made his predictable request and I finally said, "Okay sweetie, come out to the front yard and I'll spray you down with the hose. If you still want me to set up the slip and slide then I will."  The temperature was about 60- just lovely- only it was not so lovely when once you are spayed with cold hose water. It took about half a second for David to decide that in fact he did not need me to get out the slip and slide but that he would rather just take the hose himself and water the grass, thus minimizing the amount of actual water that got on his body. "Good compromise David, no problem." He and Mac watered the grass for ten minutes then we went inside and changed. End of story. End of requests.   

1 comment:

  1. I went through the same thing with Miller! I should have just sprayed him!

    ReplyDelete