Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am thankful for



A two year old that asks for beans and rice for dessert. This was our conversation after dinner two nights ago.

Mom:" Mac do you want some ice cream?"
Mac: " No, beans and rice"
Mom: "Do you want some cookies?"
Mac: "No, beans and rice."
Mom: "Well ok I guess, you sure you want beans and rice?"
Mac: "Yes, beans and rice."
He had beans and rice

Last night I opened a can of black beans to use in a recipe and my little helper hopped right up on a chair and helped himself.  How can I say no?








On another note, do you know what David is grateful for though- dragons. I have the Indian feather from preschool to prove it. I'm glad we've instilled in him gratitude for the important things in life.

4 comments:

  1. THIS is unique. And awesome.
    Your next post better be a recipe; that's all I can say.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless his little heart. Guess he knows what he wants, and it was a healthy choice, too. He is so cute. Nice that he likes beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had your rice and beans...I'd choose them over dessert any day too. :) Lucky boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard about this story at the turkey table! Funny boy. They are so yummy!And being a Fairland Dragon, dragons are the best!

    ReplyDelete