Friday, September 23, 2011

Just Peachy



One box and eight grocery bags full of freshly picked peaches became 50 quarts of canned peaches for this coming year. In addition they became some yummy peach muffins (made by Zach), peach parfaits, mandatory fresh peaches for the boys, peach smoothies, and a soon-to-be peach cobbler. After all that I still gave away about three gallons of peaches this morning that would have gone bad if not used soon. Thanks Bro. and Sis. Tenny for letting us pick from your trees.

4 comments:

  1. Very impressive. Pretty bags as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We got our first few peaches off our trees this week. I think next year I might have to learn how to can. And cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful!! I'll have to send you my recipe for Heavenly Jam which is peaches, oranges, and marachino cherries--my mother's recipe and just an awesome jam! How lucky for you to be able to pick so many peaches and to enjoy eating something picked fresh from the tree and not the hard peaches from a grocery store that are tasteless. I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete