Thursday, September 8, 2011

50 Years and going strong

Aren't they cute? HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD! Fifty years together today. I've only been in the family for 7 years but its long enough to know that they are the glue that holds the family together. A wonderful example of church service, marital love, hard work, and enjoying life. 


Under the cucumber trellis. Mom is a spectacular gardener. 

See the flower in the bottom right? That's the only one dad planted. Its a fake. He was trying to see if mom would notice.



























Some of my Favorite memories of mom and dad:
Mom running in and jumping on my bed to wake me up when Zach and I were engaged
Seeing mom when I walked into the celestial room in the Boston Temple
Dad singing my praises to his friends when he introduced me in the Temple
Swimming in the pool with them and the boys this summer
Scrabble games where everyone helps me out because I'm the worst, but just like to play
Grampy giving the boys tractor rides around the yard at Brigham street
Home made sweaters from Mimi
Mom buying birthday and Christmas gifts 6 months in advance
All the famous people Dad knows (including Mitt Romney, Shaqueal O'Neal, members of the quorum of the 12 apostles, and the general manager of the Celtics)
And just spending time with them


Do you have any favorite memories of Mom and Dad (Ken and Pricilla)? If so, leave a comment and I'll forward them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment