Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sianara to my Bug Slayer




(I had to make the picture smaller, it was grossing me out)

I keep Zach around for a lot of reasons- not least of which is that we are happily married and sealed for time and all eternity. That being said, he is also the chief exterminator in the family as well. It is his responsibility to rid our house, yard, etc of any unsavory vermin that may be lurking in the shadows; waiting to prey upon my unsuspecting family.
Well this week he'll be absentee while he is grading AP tests at an undisclosed location. Actually its in Kentucky, but he'll basically be grading all day for 7 days straight and sleeping in a hotel until he returns home next Friday. 7 days and 8 nights is a long time to be without the other half of your team when you have 3 small boys to tend to. Luckily my parents are here to help, but its not quite the same. I'll just have to learn to kill my own bugs. I had some practice during his last trip out to BYU for the campus visit.

The night before Zach's return I was chatting with him on the telephone. In mid sentence a dark and sinister creature flew through the door of my bedroom and straight at my face- I kid you not. I screamed in the receiver, hung up the phone, and proceeded to duel with the flying cockroach. Gross. With the aid of my trusty Reef sandal as my chosen weapon I thankfully prevailed, but just barely. I'm sure Zach thought I'd been attacked, and in a way I had. Now I know I can face anything while he is away. Well anything that crawls around and feasts on trash. Thanks for bringing home the bacon hun, I'll be anxiously awaiting for your return.


(This entry was inspired by Zach's sister Jenny, her buggy post reminded me of this story.)

(A picture showing his muscles-summer 2009)

P.S. In other minor news- we're moving next month to Utah so Zach can start a job teaching English at BYU in the fall. We are VERY grateful to finally be making plans for our future. It seemed so up in the air for a long time. Congratulations Zach- Go Cougs!

6 comments:

  1. Sad that you are moving so far away, but you'll have Ben and Joy and family there, and we are thrilled that Zach got a nice teaching position. Nothing like going back to where your life together started. Will we see you in July when Ben and family are here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to conquer what BUGS you!
    (ew)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, wait, how is that minor news?! did I miss the announcement?
    That is GREAT, congratulations! It is always nice to have a job with a paycheck and everything! :)
    If you are making stops along the way, we would love to see you when you drive through denver. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to Utah, huh? Congrats on the job - and on killing the nasty cockroach. Be glad Utah doesn't have them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. COngrats on the BYU job! That will be a fun adventure. I kind of have dreams of going back someday to be on the "other side" too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE those type of bugs! I'm self sufficient except for those. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete