Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dads


(This is an old picture of Zach and Gabe, not Mac. He's not quite this big yet)



On Friday morning Zach got up at 3:30 AM to catch an early flight home. To his chagrin, his flight was repeatedly delayed and then finally canceled. He had the pleasure, or perhaps displeasure, of hanging out at the airport all day after a long week of grading. His compensation- a quizno's sub. We finally got to pick him up at 7:00 pm that night. The boys were especially excited to see him. Gabe wanted to be sure to give him a "low five" that he read about recently in a book and David must have told dad five or six times, "I missed you dad." Mac just gave him a big smile when Zach picked him up- sort of a "I think I know you from some where" grin. We're glad Zach is home to celebrate this special day. I'm grateful he is such a good father to our boys. For father's day I made him a special "Dad and the Boys" photo book.



(Gabe and Grandpa- 2006)

The Primary song the kids attempted today in sacrament is called "Fathers" (p209.) Its got 3 verses so the children have a hard time remembering all the words but they came in nice and loud on the chorus. The words were held up for the children that could read. The first verse talks about earthy fathers, the second speaks of the ward father or Bishop, and the last verse is about our Heavenly Father. All very special fathers. I'm grateful for all these fathers in my life. I have a great dad who we lived with for two years while Zach was doing his schooling. He comes to dinner on a regular basis and always helps clean up the kitchen or watch the boys while I'm doing that. For father's day I ordered him something on Tuesday that did not make it here by Father's day- opps, sorry! It will probably get here tomorrow. I'm even lucky enough to have a great second father- Zach's dad. Not too many people can say that. We're excited to see him and the rest of the family next month when we go up north. Here's to Fathers everywhere!

(Sorry I don't have any pictures of Zach's dad on the laptop.
Most of our pictures are on the computer in the baby's room.)

No comments:

Post a Comment