Wednesday, June 16, 2010

onions make me sad mommy







David is entering the funny sayings phase. Enough words to make sense, but not enough to carry on a full conversation. Yesterday as he was pushing his chair up to "help" me make dinner he saw that I was cutting onions. He told me "Onions make me sad". I had to smile. At dinner that evening as he was playing with his food told me he wanted some "circles" (summer squash) with his beans and rice which he was going to put into his "door" (mouth). Its fun to listen to him talk. He always likes to give comands too- "Mommy, don'(t) touch it" "Don'(t) go upstairs", "Come outside with me". He fancies himself the boss. Most of the time he's probably right.







The other day Gabe told me a cute story. He goes exploring in the "woods" which is the forested area that extends about 100 yard beyond my mother's grass line. He wacks at weeds, looks for blackberries, gets bug bites- you know, all the regular little boy exploring stuff. I don't remember what we were talking about but he said he got lost in the woods, which can happen when you are only 3 1/2 feet tall and can't see the house. He told me "I prayed to Heavenly Father to help me not be lost and I found the house again." What faith.


Yesterday grandma asked Gabe what his middle name was and he replied "Al". " No its not, its Ogarek." "No grandma Gabrie-AL Hutchins". I thought for sure he knew his middle name, guess I was wrong. This was better.

Mac of course cannot talk yet, being as how he is only 7 months old. He is very vociferous though so whenever he does start talking I'm sure he is going to have a lot to say. He coos and squeals and laughs and lets himself be known in general. My favorite part of the day is when he is not making any noise whatsoever. Its actually when he wakes up in the middle of the night, eats and falls back asleep on my shoulder. I love his soft baby skin, his smooth hair, his chubby cheek, his little baby smell. I just drink it in. Its worth getting up at night for 20 minutes for that.

Happy mom (tired but happy). one more day till Zach gets home.

5 comments:

  1. Cute boys! I love boys ;-) I've noticed a trend: you post more when Zach is gone, blogging is a great way to stay in touch! We're glad of this, but I know you'd rather have him home! Hang tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there ...I'm glad he comes home tomorrow. Can't wait to see your cute boys this summer, especially CHEEKS! Reminds me so much of Ben's cheeks. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite part of your post:
    drinking in that little baby smell.
    enjoy.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, family! Man, am I going to be glad to get home. Coming!

    ReplyDelete