Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gabe the babe


(Yes his little bum is so skinny it fits in a toy truck)


Gabe loves primary. He loves his teachers, he loves to listen to stories, and he loves to sit next to his best friend Mason. They save each other seats I'm told. His teacher is my Visiting Teacher and she has related some funny things about Gabe so I thought I'd share:

A few weeks ago he was in singing time and wasn't chosen AGAIN. Instead of feeling discouraged he went right up to the chorister with big puppy dog eyes and said, " I NEVER get picked, can you please pick me next time?" This plea despite the completely fair system of pulling children's name out of a Popsicle stick jar. How could she resist, Gabe got to go the next time. He is a first child and accordingly has a very strong since of justice.

Another week he was swinging his legs and kicking the chair in front of him. The poor little blond in front of him looked distressed so Gabe's teacher asked him if he would please stop. Gabe stood right up in his chair and plopped back down so that his knees were now next to his chest. His teacher explained that she meant to sit on his pockets, not his feet. Gabe's response was, "The way I see it is if I'm sitting on my feet then they can't kick the chair in front of me. " His teacher had to admit, he had a point. Gabe got to sit like that for the rest of sharing time.

The last primary incident that was related to me happened in the class room when the teacher was giving the lesson to a class of 8 or so 4 -5 year olds. Gabe gets up unsolicited and informs the class he has something "very important to share. You should all go home and tell this to your mommies and daddies." Gabe proceeded to sing a fairly monotone song about the Holy Ghost that none of the kids knew, including the two adult teachers. At the conclusion Gabe reminded the class about its importance and how they should go home and share it. He said "Thank you," and sat down. I'm not sure any of them actually even understood it, let alone could repeat it to a family member. I asked him about it later on and he couldn't do for me.

Thats my Gabe. He's a funny little bug but we love him. Wouldn't trade him for anything.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's the kind of kid I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is quite the character, I can see that. Good for him. Looks like he can stand up for himself in any situation and isn't afraid to do it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that one with the blue bear is cute! Good picture, love.

    ReplyDelete