Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baby Shower


This is one of the ladies I visit teach. Her husband is serving overseas right now so she is trying to do the single mom thing with her two girls. Its hard since she's been pregnant and exhausted. She's a trooper though and she's scheduled to go into the hospital this week for delivery. (That's an apt name for it, Delivered from your captivator. ) Her husband won't even be able to meet the little tyke until she's about 8 months old. Since its not her first girl, the event was more of a diaper/meal shower. Turned out well I thought. After making 45 cupcakes and a batch of cinnamon rolls I was fairly breathing in the confection today but there are worse things to have than a sugary kitchen. Other people brought more healthful things like fruit and vegetables to share.


Her two girls and another sweet baby that came to the shower



This is what she has to look forward to after 9 long months of waiting. God bless her. I know I'll be volunteering to baby sit whenever I can.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful thing to do, having just been through only a small part of her trial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And do keep that sweet little baby around... she looks like a fairly competitive little sprout when it comes to keeping up with CHEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's lucky to have you. Cute children. Wish her luck for me.

    ReplyDelete