Saturday, October 3, 2009

I See the Sea



One of the reasons I love my husband is because he teaches our 3 year old words like:
Homonym. Do you know what a homonym is? If I am quite honest with myself, I had forgotten too. Homonyms are words that sound the same but mean different things and are spelled differently. For example:

Sea and See
Too and Two
I and Eye
Red and Read
So and Sew


You get the picture. Two that Gabe came up with on his own after Zach had explained it were:
High and Hi
Bye and Buy

Gabe wouldn't be able to spell them for you, but he knows they sound the same and mean different things. I wonder if he'll remember what a Homonym is on Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Yes I do know what a homonym is and only really remembered about a year or so ago as I am now going through elementary school again. I seem to be remembering lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's scary that a preschooler would know that. What will there be left to teach him?
    Not that it isn't wonderful because it is, but the school will not know what to do with him or they won't care...that's scary too.
    I think Amy has some of those problems with Sawyer.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids don't go to school to learn stuff like that! But Gabe will remember what new stuff he knew. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo Jo,
    Knew and new!
    What he knew, and it's all new!!
    It's a great game.
    (Uncle Roger threw in Pea and Pee. Do with it what you want)
    xo

    ReplyDelete