Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sgar and Spice




So we fed the missionaries tonight and I made them some pretty standard fare- spaghetti with home made meat balls, salad, and a cake with chocolate frosting. Nothing fancy, but it fills the stomach. But apparently mine is not the first or even second house they have sampled my deserts however. We gave a pie to the bishop's family a few months ago and then a pie to another family last week and where did these pies end up? Being served to these same elders. Does that say something about my deserts that people just want to give them away? Hummm.... I'll just have to come up with something really scrumptious that people can't bare to part with, any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. Oops--guess I learned never to feed the missionaries some extra pie!! :-) Honestly, your pie was delicious--but there's only two of us (Jamie doesn't like lime) and there was an entire pie!! Neither Donald or I really needed to eat half a pie so I thought I would share...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's just because your baking is sooo delicious they want to share with others in their good fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling a little bad for Jan feeling bad. You know your cooking is the best! No new desserts needed, just more people per dinner
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are FUNNY! You are an excellent cook/baker my dear. BUT...you can always hop over to my food blog, there are some yummy desserts there. Have you tried Rachael's pumpkin bars? They are the BEST this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did they come to tell you that they had already eaten your pie? When re-gifting one should not say from whence the gift came.

    ReplyDelete