Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kids say the darndest things




Its been a while since I posted anything funny that Gabe has said so here are a few recent nuggets. As he has mastered the English language his funny ways of turning a phrase have become (sadly) less and less frequent. While David Hyrum is beginning to have some words, most of his cuteness is still in the things he does instead of the things he says. He also still uses a few baby signs for the words that are hard to say, like "thank you".


As we were going into the street Gabe reached up his hand and asked, "mom, will you guide me?"

At preschool the other day Gabe abducted a toy from a fellow play mate. The little girl told Ms. Jan the teacher and Ms. Jan went to talk to Gabe- "Natalie said that you took her medical bag from her, is that true?" (Gabe)"Oh no, Natalie is just confused." (Poor thing)

In his prayers he has taken to putting the word "Beautiful" before every request and every expression of gratitude. "Thank you for the beautiful day, the beautiful house, help us have beautiful strength, help us to be beautiful happy and beautiful healthy..." I'm thinking he doesn't exactly understand the word beautiful yet but it sure is cute.

After much personal pondering, out of the blue from the back seat of the car Gabe announces, "So much people came to my birthday party; not very many people came to daddy's." (This is quite true, I'm sure there were 25 people that came to Gabe's party and my sister's family couldn't even make it to Zach's. It was a very small affair.Gabe's birthday party was months ago in May and Zach's was in August, he said this early September.)

When David Hyrum folds his arms for prayer he will often say, "more, more" after his "amen" indicating that he wants us to pray again. I whispered some words to David that he could not repeat and Gabe let me know that "David is praying in his heart."

6 comments:

  1. Love those Gabe-isms! She's confused was the best. It's so classic Gabe. Have a great day, and hang in there - literally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favorite! Love the preschool story...I'm laughing outloud. Encore please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay that no one was at my birthday party...I still know that "so much" people love me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Alana, I know you must have so much fun at your house = ) They really do say the funniest things. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete