Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kindness Quilt




So a few weeks ago we checked out a book from the library for Gabe called the Kindness Quilt. Its a sweet story about a class that is assigned to draw pictures of something that they did that was kind or that someone did for them. "Kindness is..." One little girl makes a type of colleague of multiple acts which she calls her kindness quilt. The teacher is inspired to put all the pictures up on to the small bulletin board, then it grows to the big bulletin board then it spills over onto the entire hallway as kindness spreads throughout the school. I don't know if it is the pregnancy hormones or my general sappiness (perhaps a little of both) but stuff like this makes me tear up all the time.

At any rate, this was the kindness quilt our family started for family home evening. Don't worry if you can't really see the pictures, they are pretty bad, but here are the descriptions: Kindness is...

Gabe sharing a toy with his friend Nathan
Grandma teaching someone to play the organ
A friend returning a book for Zach to Chapel Hill so he doesn't have to make the trip
Doing work for the dead at the temple
Visiting great grandma in the nursing home
A friend babysitting the boys
Making a card for Aunt Becky who was in the hospital

Here's our kindness quilt- how would you finish that sentence?

2 comments:

  1. Kindness was making a card for Aunt Becky. I was here when she opened it, and absolutely loved it and needed it. I think she forwarded the quote to Mom today to share. Thanks for your kindness. Love the picture of the boys up top = cleaning = love to have fun working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was going to call yesterday and tell you how much your cards made my day. Of course Zach's poem made me cry too. But I didn't call because I was too ill to talk...just not up to it, sorry. Kindness is my sister-n-law thinking about me in my time of trial. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete