Monday, June 15, 2009

Facelift








So I've been feeling ambitious. My mom had a bunch of old (30+ years) Asian looking furniture that she got second hand when we were little. I told Zach that when mom sales the house and we move we are only taking this furniture if we can redo it. "Deal" On to step #2, get it done this summer while Zach is home and I'm not yet large with child.

After knocking off all the Asian wood trim, sanding, priming, spackling, two coats of paint and new holes/hardware later its finally finished. With the help of a self-made home improvement expert (Angie Davis) some wonderful babysitters, and Supportive Sam (Zach) the project is done. Of course instead of the 2 days you think the clothes are going to be all over the floor turned into a week, but hey, whats done is done right? Yeah! I have new furniture.

Just in time too, Zach leaves for Jerusalem tomorrow for 8 days. I have much more sympathy for all those wives who have ever sent their husbands off to war or off on a mission to stay home and hold down the fort. I don't know who had it worse, the husbands or the wives.

8 comments:

  1. We're so excited to hear about another little one joining your family! Hope all goes well with the pregnancy. Are you going to find out the sex?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the furniture. GREAT job. Jerusalem? That's Zach being thrown into the briar patch. Who to feel worse for? No question in my mind...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Love the new picture at the top of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!

    Zach in the Holy Land? Puh-leeze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you want to come and redo some for me? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, and you should be pleased with what you have done. I hope Zach will have a wonderful trip and a safe one. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Furniture looks fantastic. Send our best to Zach!

    Love,
    Roxana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful job on the furniture! I love reusing quality old furniture like that. You'll so love having that ready for the new baby and moving into your new home, whereever that may be!

    ReplyDelete