Sunday, May 24, 2009

What Jesus and Bugs Have in Common:



The ability to walk on water.

Every week I (Zach) sit with Gabe while the sacrament is passed and tell him stories about Jesus. Last week I told him about the time when the twelve apostles were rowing across the sea of Galilee in the fourth watch of the night--which is a topic that deserves its own post, but my thoughts on that topic would exceed the word count on Alana's blog--during a great storm. Christ walked out on the water, and Peter joined him. I asked Gabe if he thought he would have enough faith to walk on water.

"Yes."

"You think you can walk on water?"

"I walked on water yesterday, Daddy, in a puddle!"

Then tonight, I was bathing Gabe and David, when I felt a small bug crawling on the back of my neck--apparently a stowaway from my time in the forest. I flicked him into the water, but he was so light that he failed to break the surface tension of the water, and was "walking" on top. Gabe said:

"Look, Daddy--that bug can walk on the water, just like Jesus!"

Yes he can, Gabe. Yes he can.

2 comments:

  1. Great comparison and great lesson. Gabe certainly remembers what he is told/taught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was too cute! That Gabe of yours sure is a sharp one, I love hearing about all the things he says! He is deffinitely yours and Zachs son, thats for sure:)

    I noticed you figured out the blog layouts I use! Sorry I never got back with you about that. Its cute, I like it!

    ReplyDelete