Sunday, May 3, 2009

"Mom, I'm finished writing my dissertation"




My husband Zach is officially ABD- All But Dissertation. He is done with his course work and defended his dissertation prospectus a few weeks ago before a panel of professors.

Our almost-3 year old Gabe has asked on numerous occasions to move into a new house. A house where we can have bees and chickens. Zach explained what a dissertation is to Gabe and how we will not be moving anywhere until he is finished with it. The other night Gabe was typing on his toy keyboard and then looks at me and says:

"Mom, I'm finished writing my dissertation, now we can move into a new house." It was too cute.
I have since explained to him that moving would also involved leaving his friends and he is not so thrilled about that. For now he is content with looking forward to his birthday and presents next week.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Took Jarrod four years just to finish his courses! Yeah! Gabe is toooo cute. Happy Birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have the perspective of a young dissertation defender in your house for MANY years. He's so cute I want to bite his ears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is not that last picture the cutest with what I assume to be Gabe handing a book to his otherwise unawares father?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos...love the one with Zach in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pictures--and Gabe was so cute. Love the boys in the glasses--very studious.

    ReplyDelete