Monday, April 26, 2010

5K



On Saturday our Stake (church) had a Day of Service. The main event was a 5k run that you were encouraged to donate either 10 cans or 10$ to run. Cheeks and I entered the fun while my other 3 bigger boys stayed at home and worked in the garden. Between starting from home late, getting lost, and making it a priority to use the restroom before starting, I started the race 11 minutes late. Hence I had to time myself on my cell phone- not too precise. My goal was not to walk which I accomplished. Approximate time- 33 minutes. I figured it wasn't too bad since when I ran my only other 5k in college without a double stroller and baby it was 28 minutes. The only people I caught were all of the walkers. Cheeks was good the whole time, he didn't make a peep while enjoying the scenic ride. All in all, a day to feel good about.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Great run! Found a cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you! I have YET to run a 5k. Someday. I really wanted to do it for Old Home Day in August with Ben and his vent. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a day to feel good about! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete