Saturday, March 27, 2010

Those silly kidos



At David's birthday party we asked him who he would like to say the prayer. His reply: "Jesus". Yeah, that would be nice hu David? Yesterday Gabe thoughtfully prayed for grandma "not to be old anymore."

When I was playing outside with Gabe and he got a cut on his elbow I asked him if he wanted to go wash it off inside and get a band-aid. I think he was a little scared at the prospect of me rubbing it and he replied, "No, I want Jesus to heal it. Let's just pray".
I was a little disappointed that I had to explain it doesn't always work like that. Sometimes Jesus lets us be hurt or sick so that we can learn something, like not to swing too close to the trunk when holding on to the vines.



Grandma got a new light weight vacuum and Gabe decided to test it out. Later on he came to me and told me, "Mom, I vacuumed and it is looking quite nice." Fantastic Gabe, I'm quite pleased.

While visiting Zach's sister's family in Massachusetts (Jenny and co.) the Melchizedek priesthood holders had the honor of blessing and passing the sacrament. Among those that participated was Uncle Roger. Gabe is used to seeing 12 and 13 year old boys pass and he leans over and whispers to me, " Mom is he pretending to be a deacon?" I had to suppress a giggle in sacrament meeting.









Yesterday I took the boys to Animal Days out at NC state farms. There we all manner of farm animals to pet and look at. When I asked David Hyrum what his favorite part was he answered, "Lellow (yellow) Tractor", true to form. When I asked Gabe what his favorite part was he responded, "the ice cream." Ok, well what was your second favorite part? "My cheese stick" No Gabe, what was your favorite thing that you SAW? - blank stare. Great, glad we went to go see the animals.


(P.S. I just missed the baby rolling over for the first time becuse I was writing this! Way to go mom- another one of those stellar mom moments)

3 comments:

  1. ALL great stuff.
    And it's a good thing you don't live closer, because I would have devoured that little one by now. He looks SO delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny -isms! Can't believe they couldn't come up with an animal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling a bit loopy but I am literally laughing out loud (that would be LOL if I were a decade younger) at Gabe's comment about his uncle impersonating a deacon. Pretty funny stuff. Sounds like you are all doing well. We miss you and your sweet boys.

    ReplyDelete