Saturday, March 6, 2010

12 Hour Drive

I am sitting here at Zach's sister's house (Jenny) with snow on the ground outside in beautiful Massachusetts. If I had my way, we would get a job up here in lovely new England near his family, but perhaps the Lord has other things in store for us. Still no good word in the job market yet.

We got here yesterday morning around 6:30 after pulling an all nighter from Raleigh so our kids could sleep in the car. This plan worked realitivly well except for the fact that it is hard for me to sleep in a car. We pulled in after I had finally fallen asleep at 5:30. If there is one thing that makes me grumpy, its being tired ( insert mental image of Medusa) Hopefully the shower masked some of that.
Zach was the real work horse, driving all but 2 hours of our entire trip. Just another reason I'm grateful to be married to that guy. The reward is well worth the work though, 8 days of "spring" vacation here with my family. Maybe it will even be enough for me to forget the fact that I'm having my 4 month fall out. Not with a person, with my hair. With all of my children some of my hair falls out after about four months. My hormones have returned to "normal" and the extra hair on my head which has been holding onto during pregnancy releases its feeble grip. Back to thin hair again- Boo hoo. Perhaps breakfast will console me, or maybe a wig.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you all came to Massachusetts, since Ken said that Zach might be joining us for lunch today. Is he doing any interviewing in this area for a job? Enjoy your visit. Hope I get to see you before you head back to NC

    ReplyDelete