Tuesday, August 25, 2009

There is Sunshine in my Soul Today


There is definitely sunshine in my soul today because I'm married to this guy. Wonderful husband and superhero father. Its his first day back at school so he likes to make an impression on all those incoming freshman in his English class. Nothing says, "WAKE UP KIDS its back to school," like his banana yellow coat pictured here.


This past weekend we celebrated his 26th birthday (August 20th) with some family dinner and gifts. On the menu was a Cafe Rio pork salad -yummmmmmm.... A recreation of a Utah restaurant favorite, as anyone who has visited BYU can attest to. I can't wait till that chain comes to NC but for now, the homemade version is an excellent substitute. Zach says its, "the best thing I make," even though I can't claim much of the glory except for following the recipe cards.



Dinner was followed up by the traditional German chocolate cake which he's requested 5 years running. He now has two little helpers to blow out his candles so we had to light them twice. Next year he says he might want to put in a different order for passion fruit chocolate cake he had in Brazil. It has a fancier name than that, but its not coming to mind since I don't speak Portuguese. (Just when I was getting really comfortable at making this cake)


This was his "big" gift, being comfortable while he finishes his dissertation. Up until now we've just been sitting in a folding chair. I'm sure it will be well used in the years to come.



Happy Birthday Hun! I think your tops!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE that he requests German Chocolate Cake every year - it's good to know I'm NOT ALONE in that endeavor. Love the coat, Love the chair and LOVE MY BROTHER!!! Happy Birthday Zach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I want that cafe rio pork salad recipe! And YES, he does light up a room, but especially in THAT jacket!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up with the name of that chair? Did they make it in MiSSiSSiSSiSSippi?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday ZACH! from all of us our West!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Beautiful Mrs. Hutchins...and now all my kids know that too. Thanks for such a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Zach! I hope it was a great one! Good luck with the new school year

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the yellow jacket :) And mmmm... cafe rio....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm sure you dazzled everyone when you walked into class. Also like your chair--be sure you write your dissertation and don't fall asleep being massaged. Glad you had such a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had that cafe rio salad--yumm!!

    Loved Zach's jacket--definitely added some bright color to our sacrament mtg today!

    ReplyDelete