Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pure Joy





You were thinking that I was going to say something about eternal life or the joy of service. Nope. Although those things bring joy I'm talking about a much more simple happiness of that on a child's face when they take a ride at the fair for the very first time. Gabe, 2 1/2 years old, is now tall enough to ride the kiddie rides at the fair. He had the privillage of taking a spin on three of them a few weeks ago at the NC state fair. Its probably just as much fun to watch him ride as a parent as it is for him to do the ridding. Everything is new all over again when you have small children.

Other highlights of this magnificent yearly event: a bar-B-Que turkey leg, giant Kosher dill pickle, giant prize winning produce, gourmet candy apple, feeding the animals at the petting zoo, arts and crafts, and hanging out with my sister Amber and her family. As the slogan says: "Take time to have a great time," excepting for the aching knees and feet from all the walking, we did just that.

3 comments:

  1. okay, please tell your precious Gabe to STOP growing. I can't believe how big he looks. Could we please have some more Gabe-isms? Those are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun, save it for us next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Becky's request. Even though I get to hear them, I think I like reading them even more (helps me remember them).

    ReplyDelete