Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween Fun and Gabe-isms



By popular request I'm putting up more funny things that Gabe says:

Mom H. (aka Mimi) sent Gabe a short letter telling him how beautiful the leaves were where she lived and I asked Gabe what Mimi had sent him; he excitedly exclaimed "Fall, Mimi sent me Fall." Yes indeed Gabe, Mimi sent you fall. (Those beautiful dried leaves are still on our refrigerator.)

At Amy Jo's house Gabe stood on top of their log pile with a stick in one hand and his favorite blankie blowing in the wind as a cape and called out "I'm the king of the logs, and dad, you're the prince of the logs." "Hey Gabe whats mom, is she the queen?" "No, she's just the mom." On the trip back from Amy Jo's house Gabe says to us from the back seat of the mini van, "Mom, this is a fine trip." I agree Gabe, this was a fine trip.

Every day with a little boy is like an adventure from the Discovery channel. Recently Gabe found a small garden snake in the grass. "Mom, I found a snake, Fancy that!" (I didn't think it was so fancy, but it could have been worse, it could have been a cockroach.)

Two days a week Zach works from home in the office and has to lock the door so that he doesn't have constant interruption. Gabe doesn't like this arrangement but its the only way Zach can study for any length of time. Gabe has a spare keyboard that he uses as a toy and the other day he told Zach, "Dad, I'm working. You can't come in my office." All's fair I suppose, what goes around comes around.

One funny episode with David. Recently we have been trying to get David to sleep all the way through the night so for the most part I've stopped feeding him when he wakes up. At 2 AM the other morning he wanted to suck on something and a pacifier wouldn't cut it so I let him suck on my chin so he would stop crying. It was only for a minute or two but in the morning I looked in the mirror and discovered a big reddish purple bruise on my chin- a "hicky" I guess you could call it. Of course it had to be a Sunday morning I made this discovery so I just went like that to church. Nice flare to my church outfit. The bruise is gone but I'm a little more wary of letting him suck on my chin.

Enjoy the videos of our Pumpkin carving fun.

1 comment:

  1. cute video and THANK YOU for feeding my need for Gabe-ism's! LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete