Tuesday, August 18, 2020

"Daddy build me a fort!"





Since cover-19 closed down playgrounds for a few months and our children desperately needed something to climb, Zach took month long break from finishing the basement to build the kids a fort, the "Taj-ma-Hutch." Rockwell is especially fond of looking out the top floor bathroom window and telling me , Daddy build me a fort/ sandbox." David and I stained it, but other than that, our contribution was minimal. The older boys and I also helped fill up the sandbox with 6 tons of sand. Zach actually ordered too much so we had to load up the extra in our big van and deliver it to a friend who was built a sandbox this summer too. All the children love their new play space and it has had many hours of use already. Grateful for a shady backyard that makes it usable.  

(This has been the summer for hauling dirt for me. In addition to the sand Gabe and I hauled 7 boxes worth of compost, and then David and I hauled dirt to the side yard to plant grass and fill in the water feature that was a continual headache. Funny since I've been pregnant with #8 this summer.) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment