Saturday, December 9, 2017

Mac's Baptism

 What I would like  to say happened: All my children, including the sweet eight year old being baptized, were so quiet, obedient, and reverent. We could all feel the Spirit that day and there everyone was happy.

What actually happened. We arrived at 9:30 for a 10:00 AM baptism so I could take a few photos first. My kids scattered like marbles in a roller rink and we spent the next thirty minutes rounding up, shaping up, and hurrying up our brood. I actually was the last one to walk in five minutes late to my own son's baptism! Ahhh! How embarrassing, I should have been watching the clock better, especially since we got there a half hour early. It was especially bad since the one friend from school Mac invited, Jacob Long, showed up with his mother and they were there before we were. I was proud of Mac for inviting Jacob and hope that there were some positive feelings created but I still felt bad. The rest of the service went nicely, aside from certain amount squirming, and when Mac was changing in the bathroom he exclaimed to Zach, "It's just like taking a bath, only way more important!"












No comments:

Post a Comment