Sunday, December 20, 2009

The kidos


So before I lose any MORE these little scraps of paper that are floating around my house I want to make another "kids say the darnedest things" entry.

I officially induct David Hyrum into the verbal portion of our family, welcoming him to this segment of my blog. He has enough words to at least make intelligible phrases if not short sentences. He's also a big fan of anything with a motor and that has the capacity to move large amounts of dirt. So much so that at meal times he can be seen taking his spoon full of meal-time-goodness to his mouth and saying, "Scoop, Release " like any excellent excavator.
This morning when Zach was helping him pray Zach said "help us be reverent", and DH repeated "help us be rabbits". Yes, well I suppose that is important too.He's a fun little guy to hang out with that David. When we were doing puzzles the other day I instructed him to "spin it" so it would fit. He obediently turned the piece and then hopped right up and started to spin himself repeating "spin, spin, spin".

Gabe :
When David Hyrum tried to commandeer the coins from Gabe's piggy bank Gabe told him, "David, you can't have those. They are for buying a house after daddy finishes his dissertation." Hate to tell you Gabe, its going to take a few more pennies than that to buy a house. A sweet thought none the less.
Sometimes when Gabe gets very upset over something he can't have or do he starts to cry and through his tears he lets me know, "mom, you did not say the right thing. You made a bad choice." I try to keep a very straight face as I explain that dad and I are the only ones that can say that.

Best one yet doesn't even come from our family, its a guest appearance by a sunbeam in our ward. A little girl named Lucy. At the store her dad was buying deodorant and she said to him, "I know what that is. Its armpit polish." How about it, any one's armpits been shined lately?

3 comments:

  1. YES...on a daily basis. What a cute saying - armpit polish, love it. I love that DH was inducted into this post. SPIN IT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a fun post to read! Thanks for making those little scraps of paper. Gabe is such a sweet boy saving for your house. Amazing what kids pick up on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the post and all the little sayings of your boys. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete